Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the species of mold that resides in your house or business can determine the extent of the issue. Mold spores travel through the air and enter buildings through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. They can also enter a home on clothing, shoes, and pets. It can be nearly impossible for you to stop mold entering your residence. It’s only as the mold is growing in your house that you have cause for worry. Having an expert to rely on who will tell you the strain of mold present is imperative. Add to that an expert that can orchestrate the best way to treat it then execute the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for all kinds of disasters, including mold.
Services for Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with a high level of experience in this field. Detecting and identifying mold is the primary step in what can be an arduous process. When it comes to the treatment of mold safely, your best choice is working with a company which specializes in all aspects relating to the process. We provide mold remediation and removal services along with basic mold inspections. Mold will cause damage to your residence as well as major health issues for your family. Mold, unlike most allergens, can adversely affect the health of any person whether they have allergies or not. Mold spreads through any surface it resides in, meaning that the longer it remains untreated in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively handle treating it.
Types of Mold
There are 3 basic families of mold:
- Allergenic: These cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in individuals which suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds produce toxic substances.
With the range of molds that can be found in homes, having an expert to diagnosis and inspect the extent of their spread is crucial to removing it. An expert with Paul Davis will assist in making your home healthy and safe from the most dangerous molds.
A few common molds are:
- Penicillium – This mold most commonly grows on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm weather mold that thrives outdoors and indoors. Aspergillus can be found in areas that are excessively damp with extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungus which enters homes. It grows in porous, overtly moist locations like textile and wood. The indoor and outdoor strains trigger asthma attacks and induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being the least common household mold is fortunate, as it is among the more horrible. It needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, loss of hearing and memory, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold thrives in areas of condensation like humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in an array of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – This kind of mold is most often found growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It starts out light brown or pink in color but deepens to dark brown-black the older it is. This highly allergic responsive mold causes skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – This mold can be located in houses after a flood or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It has a cottony texture, changes colors from white to grey or brown over time and has a musty odor. Chaetomium is known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in warm and cold areas and moves rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It has an adverse reaction with wet tissues like the eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – Fusarium is most commonly found in soft goods and thrives and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly green and white. It does well in moist and consistently damp locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, this mold also destroys the surfaces it grows on, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – This mold is nearly always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to asthma and respiratory ailments.
Speak With Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
When you might suspect or know there is mold in your home call the team with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection and execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate dangerous mold from your home. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.