Indoor Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is in your residence. Mold is something that occurs naturally, but the species of mold that has spread in your house or business can determine the extent of the problem. Mold spores migrate through the air and enter buildings through any opening, such as doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a home on shoes, clothing and animals. It can be practically impossible for you to prevent mold encountering your home. It’s only as there is mold growing in your home that you need to be worried. Having an expert to rely on that can advise on the species of mold present is worth the expense. Pair that with an expert that can develop the best way for treatment then perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional commercial and residential emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
When Paul Davis performs an investigation on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional who has a high level of knowledge in this area. The detection and identification of mold is the initial step in what can be a long procedure. When it comes to taking care of mold safely, the best option is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects of the process. Paul Davis offers mold removal and remediation services as well basic mold inspections. Mold causes damage to your dwelling as well as major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold does negatively affect the health of an individual whether they have allergies or not. Mold advances through the surfaces it grows in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your home, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the strains of mold growing in your residence and effectively deal with treating it.
Kinds of Mold
There are 3 general families of mold:
- Allergenic: Which cause and produce allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people that suffer with acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: Any mold that produces toxic substances.
With the multitude of molds that can be found in structures, having an expert to inspect and diagnosis the extent of their spread is crucial to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist with helping make your residence healthy and safe from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying fabrics, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium will cause hay-fever type reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm climate mold which thrives both indoors and outdoors. It can be located in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. It is also found inside of dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – Alternaria is commonly found in soil, showers, window frames, carpets and textiles. This large spore mold deposits in soft tissue, like the nose, mouth and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the most commonly identified outdoor fungi that enters homes. It thrives in porous, damp areas such as wood and textiles. Both the indoor and outdoor variety trigger asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – This particularly insidious mold that produces high levels of airborne toxins, fortunately is a less common household mold. Stachybotrys needs excessive damp to grow, and causes breathing problems, symptoms reminiscent of the flu, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like grey, orange, pink and white.
- Aureobasidium – This species of mold is most often found growing behind painted wood surfaces and wallpaper. It starts out pink or light brown in color but deepens to dark brown-black the longer it’s around. This highly responsive allergic mold induces skin rashes and eye infections.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium can be located in homes after flooding or leaking and in chronically moist conditions. It carries a dank odor, cottony texture and changes colors from white to grey or brown as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins which affect the immune system and cause skin and nail infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both cold and warm areas and spreads rapidly on fabric, upholstery, under floorboards and in carpets. It reacts strongly with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is most commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and spreads in cold temperatures. A reddish variety is found in organic products like house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms from this mold begin as skin infections, sore throat and runny eyes then progresses to brain abscesses and bone infections.
- Trichoderma – This is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture and is mostly white and green. It does well in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, textiles and wood. Along with health symptoms the same as other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is almost always found in kitchens and bathrooms and is one of the black molds. It contributes to respiratory ailments and asthma.
Talk to Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you suspect or know you have mold in your residence call the experts with Paul Davis. Our expert team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to eradicate insidious mold from your property. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.