How You Can Repair Smoke Damage
Fire can cause significant damage to a building. However, many people are unaware of the other detrimental elements of a fire. Your building materials and personal belongings can be overtaken by smoke odor and smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have damaging effects on both to your family and your home.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your cherished keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why our fire restoration specialists are here to help. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise provides 24/7 emergency smoke restoration services. The sooner you contact us, the better- we’ll be able to lessen costly fire and smoke damage to your home.
Repairing Smoke Damage
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your home. Closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen fires can cause discoloration and strong odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, turn off your AC.
- Move large fans towards open windows and doors to suck out the smoke.
- When vacuuming soot and ash, hold the nozzle right above the soot to suck it up. Pressing your vacuum down on the soot could cause stains.
- Use a cloth to clean hard surfaces.
- Use a dry sponge to wipe away soot from walls and ceilings. Meanwhile, get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every household item that has been affected, including light bulbs.
- Deep wash or dry clean any curtains or clothing that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
The Fire Restoration Process
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the experts handle it. The professionals from Paul Davis all-encompassing fire removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage assessment, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
Has your home had recent smoke damage? Turn to Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our smoke repair services. Our specialists are highly-trained in effective smoke remediation cleaning services and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and lower smoke damage repair expenses. We want you to return to your normal life as soon as possible. Reach out the smoke damage restoration and smoke cleanup professionals from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. We’ll help connect you with the franchise closest to you.