Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Unfortunately, fire can have extremely damaging effects on a home. However, there are many elements of fire, such as soot and smoke, that can be just as harmful. The smell of smoke can overtake your home and possessions and soot can seriously stain walls. A fire can have lasting and devastating both to your family and your house.
At Paul Davis, we understand any damages to your precious keepsakes can be disheartening. That’s why as fire restoration technicians, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. When an emergency strikes, every Paul David franchise offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damage to your house.
Smoke Damage Can Be Repaired
Your home can receive serious soot damage without a major fire. If you don’t act quickly, closed fireplace flues and small-scale kitchen flare ups can cause discoloration and strong odors. Unless you address the problem immediately, the smell of smoke can seep into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can quickly cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- To push out smoke, put large fans by open doors and windows.
- Vacuum up ash and soot by holding the nozzle right above the soot. Pressing down could cause unwanted stains.
- Use a cloth to wipe down hard surfaces.
- Wipe away soot from ceilings and walls with a dry sponge and use a vinegary spray to wipe away stains.
- Clean any household item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Deodorize window coverings and carpets using odor counteractants.
Paul Davis’ Services
Does your home have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. Paul Davis offers a variety of smoke removal services. These include:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Why You Should Trust Paul Davis
If your home has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to Paul Davis. You‘ll finally get your home back after we’re done with our fire restoration services. Our professionals are specialized in effective smoke repair cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage restoration costs. Our goal is to have you return to your normal life as soon as possible. Call the fire damage restoration and smoke cleanup technicians from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.